Master planning MOVEs BROADBAND FORWARD
A comprehensive Broadband Master Plan includes long-term infrastructure design, strategic planning, and an implementation framework for new broadband technologies. It will attract enterprise solutions, improve public safety, and plan for redundant connectivity solutions.
A Broadband Master Plan is the most critical broadband initiative a community can implement. It provides a flexible planning tool for local governments and an effective planning solution for commercial broadband providers.
With this Broadband Master Plan, commercial broadband providers will gain insight into how their own investment plans can align with the strategic objectives of local governments.
As broadband solutions become increasingly integrated, it is necessary that an overarching Broadband Master Plan provide a forward looking playbook for both wireless and wireline broadband connectivity solutions, right of way (ROW) management solutions, and effective use of government infrastructure assets.
HOW A BROADBAND MASTER PLAN WILL HELP YOUR COMMUNITY:
- Promote cooperation between local government and private enterprise in developing infrastructure to meet stakeholder needs with current and emerging technology;
- Incentivize private enterprise to invest in areas in need of broadband expansion to support mobility, development, public safety, and other health and welfare initiatives;
- Manage the proliferation of vertical structures that may diminish the attractiveness of the scenic and historic viewscape.
- Maintain an active management of structures located within the Right of Way which may be utilized as a broadband infrastructure site;
- Plan for the use of existing broadband assets to advance future connectivity objectives so that all infrastructure assets are fully optimized;
- Prioritize the use of the Right of Way for public interest projects above private enterprise projects.