Expand, OPTIMIZE AND MONETIZE YOUR UNder-USED BROADBAND ASSETS
An effective broadband asset management program will identify, map and assess the value of public assets (fiber, buildings, towers, signage, raw land, utility poles, Rights of Ways, etc.) then allow for the brokering of transactions with commercial broadband providers and others interested in using these assets to expand networks.
As a result, cities are able to monetize and optimize their assets while commercial carriers gain access to previously unavailable sites, which greatly speeds up their time to market.
AN EFFECTIVE BROADBAND ASSET MANAGEMENT PROGRAM will:
- Maintain a single database of any infrastructure asset that is owned, leased, or otherwise managed by a government agency.
- Make the database accessible through a web-based platform to all departments and any broadband provider entity.
- Facilitate efficient planning for use of government infrastructure assets.
- Promote efficiencies in the process for private broadband provider entities with interests in serving local communities.
- Provide specialized broadband expertise and advice as required by any government department.
- Establish consistent standards for all broadband infrastructure asset types.